Okay, here's one from the Suggestion Box...
If a respected staff member came to you with information and claimed to have documents that could hurt the office of the pastor, what would you do?
Please, try to separate the question from Mark Sharpe & Co., Dr. Gaines, and Bellevue and think in generalities.
1. Could you in good conscience keep it to yourself?
2. What steps would you take to try to resolve the issue?
3. How many months should you try to resolve the issue if there's no cooperation from the pastor?
4. Would Matthew 18 apply in a case like this? If so, and you attempted to follow Matthew 18 and got all the way to the step where you needed to take your issue before the church, how would you go about doing that?
5. What if you had a job in the secular world and a respected colleague came to you with information and documents about your boss that could hurt the company? Would you handle that situation any differently?
Again, regardless of your opinions about the current situation at Bellevue, try to think of a general situation without considering specific personalities and think about what you would do. We should all seek to know what Jesus would do, but what do you think Jesus would do?
Thanks to "eccl.7:25" for this topic suggestion.