"Gopher" posted a comment to the previous thread that was too important to bury in the comment section. This should stand alone -- and plainly illustrates just how far Bellevue Baptist Church has fallen. I watched these videos with a mixture of disbelief and sadness. Some questions that come to mind include:
1. Are Bellevue interns paid? If so, for what?
2. Am I the only one who is very uncomfortable with the sanctuary and our Lord being disrespected in the manner depicted in the first "kidnapping" video?
3. Were these videos produced while the interns and staff members were supposed to be working?
4. Can you imagine Dr. Rogers and Jim Whitmire participating in something like this?
5. Was this supposed to be funny?
Regarding the sign on Steve Gaines' desk... a picture's worth a thousand words.
And here are the videos...
Kidnapped Part 1
Kidnapped Part 2
There was a 2006 version, too. Kidnapping, this time at gunpoint, seems to be a theme of sorts.
Thanks to "gopher" for this topic idea.